Coral Reef Mural for a childs room

nw2sltfsh

My daughter has been asking me to paint an underwater mural on her wall for the past year - so this weekend I finally broke down and started and I wanted to share some pictures with everyone.
Remeber I am far from a professional Muralist and this is for an 8 year old girl so Not everything is Lifelike (way to much pink and purple!!)
What do you think .... this is one wall so far - the entire mural will most likely take several weeks to finish
-- But I dont think it is bad for 3 days work

nw2sltfsh

Thank you -
It looks alot better when the pictures arent resized, I thik I am losing something in the ratio of width to height when I modify the size

martinc909

That looks really good. and it's a cool Idea.
WHY DON'T YOU DRAW A SCUBA DIVER AND SAY THAT IT'S YOUR DAUGHTER.

nw2sltfsh

the plan is to have mermaids on her closet door of her and her best friend - but they keep changing their minds on the color of the fins

ruaround

you painted that??? if so very nice!!!
my mother sells this sort of thing... check out this web site... http://www.tatouagedesigns.com/store/default.asp
we are gonna have to do a freakin intervention cuz appereantly this is really addictive... she doesnt have a wall that is bare in her house... she even put some on her shed in the back yard and the shed up at the cabin... she even made hotplates and changed the decorations on her flatware... i also told her there wasnt a wall available in my house...lol... she would have to go to my sisters...

nw2sltfsh

Originally Posted by BabyB
my mother and i painted our churches nursry and one of the rooms was the sea
Baby B, those are great! I made the attempt to draw just large animals and my daughter was very adament that they needed to be much smaller, she had a blast on this website and several others picking out the fish she wanted. the Peppermint Angel is her favorite and now she wants one for the tank (to bad they cost $5,000)
rumaround, yes I painted all those fish by hand, the idea sounded much better in my head before I realized how long it is going to take to finish

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Good job! You may want to try that out professionally, or at least as a side-job.

ruaround

Originally Posted by NW2SLTFSH
rumaround, yes I painted all those fish by hand, the idea sounded much better in my head before I realized how long it is going to take to finish
well then... Great Job!!!

cgrant

That looks great! My wife got the finding nemo door from home depot for my sons room, it is actually pretty cool!
not home now so pic is from the web, another hard days work! LOL!

nw2sltfsh

I wanted to share a few more pictures after more painting this weekend -
I have been going into the Photo section of this forum and finding the fish for the pictures in their to paint - so some of you may see a picture that is similar to a photo you may have posted
Hope you all like them:

my way

Nice work, I bet she's loving her room now.
Here is a pedal car I painted for my nieces daughter. The Clownfish were taken from a box of salt. I think it was Instant Ocean.

The Base color is a Chaemeleon Color, it changes from gold to green to blue to violet to red.