Coral Reef Special on the Discovery Channel?

S

synyster11

Does anyone know what the name of that special was. Or where you can get it. Its the one that has the cone snail, and mantis shrimp segment. It was the best coral special I have seen. "Presented in High Def." If you have not seen it.. keep an eye out for it.

submersible

Austrailia's Reef Warriors
Aired Sat 12/27 9:00 am on Discovery
Still got it saved on my tivo.

There was no info at the end about ordering a copy.
edit: was not in HD, but did have the mantis shrimp(killing a small crab, and shows the inside of its burrow), harlequin shrimp, saw-fish, cone shell feeding on a goby with its "harpoon", whale shark, frog-fish, octopus, eels, etc., clams, and corals.

S

synyster11

You little punk!!!! I want that soooo bad. Its the one with the zebra mantis right. I was watching it on the HD discovery channel so I thought it was in HD? It had the whole segment on coral reproduction. Super cool, I wish I could get it.
Originally posted by submersible
Austrailia's Reef Warriors
Aired Sat 12/27 9:00 am on Discovery
Still got it saved on my tivo.

There was no info at the end about ordering a copy.
edit: was not in HD, but did have the mantis shrimp(killing a small crap, and shows the inside of its burrow), harlequin shrimp, saw-fish, cone shell feeding on a goby with its "harpoon", whale shark, frog-fish, octopus, eels, etc., clams, and corals.

submersible

Heres a 13 meg. clip of the mantis.
MOV00289.MPG
A good reason why everyone should own a tivo. Just set up a wishlist to record any show containing the word "coral" or "reef" and then watch it whenever you get a chance.

S

synyster11

Wow that was cool of you to encode that. The special I saw had a zebra stripped mantis that was swimming all over the place. Was this the same show?

submersible

This might be a different show. I don't think they mentioned anything of the zebra mantis. Just ALOT of creatures feeding habits, and mating habits. Almost all of them are commonly kept in a reef aquarium.
Just did a search on my tivo, for upcoming shows with the words coral(s), reef(s), aquarium(s), and came up with these:
"Great Hotels: The mandalay bay hotel in las vegas houses a shark reef"
Tue 1/13 11:00 am Travel Channel.
"Spectacular Homes: Florida pool/aquarium home"
Wed 1/14 9:30 pm DH&L (Discovery Home & Leisure)
"Beautiful One Day: Austrailia's Great Barrier Reef faces the danger of turning into a barren marine area"
Sun 1/18 10:00 pm WorldLink TV
All east coast times.