coral time?

A

angelofdeath132

had my 55 with just LR and fish for about 2 years, want to get some corals now for a "splash" of color in the tank. have pc lights any recommendations on easy, colorful corals that i could have?that don't require a huge amount of light. also, i presume your water perameters have to be perfect for these. and do they require any special feeding? thanks!!

chazz66

Mushrooms,zoanthids,and xenia are what I started out with. They all do well under PC lighting.Check the internet for local reef clubs and mabey buy some frags locally,it's alot cheaper that way.:D :happyfish

A

angelofdeath132

o.k. so zoanthids, xenia, and mushrooms, cool! another question, will i have a problem keeping any of these with my yellow tang? and is there any rule about placement of these corals in the tank?( do they have to be so far apart from each other?)

chazz66

I have all three with a Yellow Tang,Clown,2 Yellowtail Damsels and a Scooter Blenny and everybody gets along great! Place them apart from each other so they have enough room to spread.:yes:

A

angelofdeath132

i will, thanks! any special requirement as far as feeding, or supplements? or are they pretty much self maintaining?