coralife 125gal skimmer pump replacement

fishies1

Hey everyone, I've been searching online for a replacement pump for the skimmer and I keep hearing its a Rio pump I know when a Rio pump goes out it will leak into the tank or even explode so I was wondering if anyone has this skimmer and replaced their pump and what pump did you go with? Thanks.

dmanatee

hey I have the next size up of this skimmer. Are you wanting to replace the pump because its dead or not powerful enough?

fishies1

I actually bought it without a pump and I wanted to replace the pump for it so I can use it..... I do know it's a 500gph pump just was wondering who had tried what and how it's it working for them?

dmanatee

I love mine! In fact, I need to empty it again.
Also you can get a replacement pump at places like Big Al's Pets, marine and reef, and a whole bunch of other places. Just google "coralife 125gal skimmer replacement pump"
Good luck and let me know what you think.
I have had to replace the impelar wheel before because I took it out to clean and broke the ceramic tube. oops.

flower

Hi,

The Coralife skimmer is a piece of crap, I gave mine away...if the pump is gone, be smart and don't replace it...replace the whole skimmer. if you purchased it used and needing just a pump...there is a reason the seller wanted rid of it, believe me. Mine shot microbubbles EVREYWHERE, overflowed flooding the floor (many Xs), and just doesn't skim worth a dime. It was hands down the worst skimmer I ever owned.