Coralife Aqualight Pro...Is this the best???

kjord97

I have 2 36 inch aqua light pros on my tank. it is a 125 gal reef. I like the versitility of haveing the 2 different sets, so i dont have to remove all the lights when i am workin on the tank. I was thinkin of getting the 72 inch version of the lights, but changed my mind. I also like running the 2 sets, becuase it leaves the middle of tank with out a MH so it is an area where i place corals that dont require alot of light.
ohh and yes i have clams and other strong light required corals. they do great with the 150 mhs.

fishy7

Jamie & Kjord,

Thanks for the helpful information. I was unaware that an HQI bulb producded 2x's the amount of light than a standard MH bulb.
Nice to know that people out there are using this fixture and are having great results. Thanks for sharing your info.
My wifre likes clams, so I will incorporate them in.
Jamie,
How long have you been running your 210? This is my first SW tank and if you have some time sure would like to see some pics and a general overview of time and maint you spend on your tank. :thinking: Thanks again.

jamie814

I have been in the hobby for about 2 years now started with a 150 and now the 210.
The pics are slightly old but not much has changed, I probly spend a few hours a week messing with the tank but then I like to tinker with things, if you are looking for extremly natural water movement and want the best get a tunze wavebox. Everything in the tank sways naturally like in the ocean and you don't need to run any power heads eaither then. Very pricy though at $450 uses very little electicity and is adjustable for wave height and power as well. I wouldn't use anything else.
Light cycle pics
dawn-dusk 11:00am-9:00pm
10k Daylignt 12:30pm-7:30pm
moonlights 9:00pm-11:00-am

fishy7

WOW!. That is a beautiful tank!
You do incrediable work. I will keep you posted, my tank is being delivered next month.
Thanks for the suggestion on the wave box. I will look into getting one. The price is one aspect but the results are what counts. Thanks again.

kjord97

Alright if i must, here is a pic of my tank, with the 2 36'' corallife aqua light set up. Last week i put a black oceanvisions background on, so i need a new pic.

jamie814

kjord- the tank looks nice the backgound will make it look awsome. I just painted the back of our tank with a black acylic paint. I just had one concern looking at your tank lighting. From the looks of the pics the bracing on the tank is directly under the 2 halide bulbs :scared: With the heat output and the constant heating and cooling everyday the plastic frame is goinng to get brittle are more than likly with age eventually crack. I have seen them cracked before from heat and time. I would put some sort of a reflector over them to protect them from the light intensity. How long have you had the tank with that lighting where it is?

kjord97

If you are talkin about the Brown border, that is fine, it is peelin off in some spots and acts as no bracer. If you are talkin about the glass directly under the MH's it is fine, it is thicker than tank glass it self. It does not get to hot, and the lights have been on there for about 2 months now. :notsure:

jamie814

I fit's just glass to protect the lights it's no big deal it will be fine. I could not tell from the pics if it was glass or the top bracing on the tank I assume now that their is only one top brace in the center of the tank? If thats the case no problems.

kjord97

there is 3 glass bracers on the tank. 1 in middle holding the lights, and the 2 under the lights. but they are fine,.