Coralife Digital Thermometer Help!!!!!

dfm34

I have been using this since I started my tank six months ago, I started to suspect it was not accurate so today I placed a glass thermometer in as well as one of those tape on types. The digital is reading 82.7 the other two are reading 78 to 79. Has anyone else experience this??? Which should I trust???? :help:

Thanks

jmcnaz

The coralife reading can be as much as +-2 off. Its hard to find a good thermometer out there. I have 4 and they seem to be about +-1 degree off. Good Luck
John

susiestank

Has anyone found a good accurate thermometer yet?
I have 2 , a coralife and a jbj and they are about 2.5 degrees apart in the same place in the water. I find this fustrating! lol.

redspot321

Ive ben doing this for 10+years. The best, most accurate thermometer is the ones you get at wally world for 2 bucks!
Ive had a dozen or so digitals which all become innaccurate over time.
For 4 bucks you can throw two in the sump and check them against themselves.

srfisher17

If you look at several thermometers in any store. and they all read the same; I would think they would be accurate. I've used the one you have and it was off. I don't trust inexpensive digital anything! I use a tape-on and a floating glass one in all my stuff. If they differ, I toss the inaccurate one. A good lfs should know the exact temp of their water; test your thermometer there.