Coralife Digital Thermometer Problems?

deltablack22

I have been away from my tank for awhile and one of my thermometers seems to be acting up. I have two identical ones as well as strips on both tanks for a general idea of temp. I noticed one tank reading 73.3 degrees on the Coralife
so I put the other one in and it reads 80.0, the strip reads about 80-82. I tried removing the battery and putting it back in but that didnt seem to reset it. Does anyone have any input on resetting or how to fix this issue? Anyone had a similar problem with these digitals and maybe recommend another brand or better quality one?

devil dog

Big Digital Temp Alert there about $35... I had about 4 of the Coralife ones before I went to the Big digital...
hope that helps

deltablack22

Originally Posted by Devil Dog
http:///forum/post/2609073
Big Digital Temp Alert there about $35... I had about 4 of the Coralife ones before I went to the Big digital...
hope that helps
Indeed it does... Sounds like you had a bad experience with them as well I'm guessing?

vanrynd

I used the cora life digitals (had two) until they read about 10 degrees different.
I then went to another brand of digital- put 2 in tank- and it was no where close. and only lasted 1 month.
bought 2- 1.49 glass thermometers- 1 in fuge, 1 in DT....I was off over 10 degress.....OMG...for how long???
had the glass now. since..no issues...not going back to digital ever again.!

deltablack22

Originally Posted by vanrynd
http:///forum/post/2616214
I used the cora life digitals (had two) until they read about 10 degrees different.
I then went to another brand of digital- put 2 in tank- and it was no where close. and only lasted 1 month.
bought 2- 1.49 glass thermometers- 1 in fuge, 1 in DT....I was off over 10 degress.....OMG...for how long???
had the glass now. since..no issues...not going back to digital ever again.!

Yeah, those glass thermometers have always been reliable. I think I might buy a floater and hide it in the skimmer overflow before blowing cash on another digital. Thanks for the input.