Coralife Metal Halide Pendant Fixture

peef

I have 5, 250w MH Pendant fixtures if you want to save some money. They are good!!!

al mc

I have two. One over each of my refugiums/coral propogation areas. they work well and have been reliable.

J

jrthomas40

what size tank do you have and what are you wanting to achieve with the pendants? just a light source or are you going to want some actinics for "dusk-dawn"effect??...i have seen pendants in the LFS that look really good and work for the purpose...i started to get some and put in my canopy

al mc

Clown...If you might go with actinics in the future you might want to consider an integrated lighting system up front that has a single MH with actinics and/or T5 or PC lights. There are several manufactureres..like
Current's Outer Orbit series that could do everything....just a thought

J

jrthomas40

nothing real big different...there are 2 types of metal halides....1)mogul based which is has the single end like most light bulbs....2) hqi which are double ended and are "supposed" to run slightly cooler and last a little longer...they are smaller and more compact...the effect is the same for both just personal peference...oh and hqi's run off a different type of "lighting compound" opposed to the mogul based....i like my hqi's but i like the color of the tanks at LFS's when i go to them and they are almost always mogul based...that is about all i know maybe someone else can chime in

J

jrthomas40

Originally Posted by Clownfishlover
How 'bout the Aqualight Advanced Series HQI Metal Halide Fixture?
Also what is the difference between MH and HQI?

i hear these are good fixtures for an all in one type deal

rgf1046

I have one of the Coralife fixtures over my 29gallon and like it, I just bought another to put the side by side to cover the whole width of the tank. Definite upgrade from CF

saltywhit67

I have a 15g tall eclipse. I am thinking of buying one of these as a major upgrade in lighting. Do you guys think 150w would be too much for a 15? I was going to do a 96w pc "Quad" retrofit into my current hood but I do not know if it will fit for sure.