Coralife pro

mudplayerx

You'd really have to do a lil research to find out which fish are prone to jump out of the water. I only have two small fish and neither are jumpers...heck I don't think a psychedelic mandarin can even swim fast let alone jump, hehe.
As long as you don't think your fish will jump out then you should be fine with running your setup without a canopy.

evieb

Thanks alot for all your help. I'll get back to you when I get my lights. Your tank looks great! How long have you had it? :happy:

mudplayerx

I'm glad you like this site, it is a wealth of info. I think Snipe is the one who gave me the link to here in Feb. I've had my tank a couple of months before that so I'd say its about 6 months old. Thanks for the compliment.

who dey

mud, im sure you can come up with some kinda canopy, gotta hide all that hardware!
canopy's don't restrict anything as long as they're designed right.

mudplayerx

We were talking about the glass canopy that rests directly on the tank (at least I hope we were, because I sure was lol).
As far as me having a wooden canopy, I couldn't do it. I do a lot of coral propagation lately and I stick my hands in the tank a LOT. My room is very cluttered with furniture atm too so I think if I added a canopy it would get even more clausterphobic lol.
edit- can't have that wooden canopy blocking the sounds of my hob filters either.... that waterfall sound at night is like a sleeping pill, har!

who dey

Originally Posted by mudplayerx
We were talking about the glass canopy that rests directly on the tank (at least I hope we were, because I sure was lol).
As far as me having a wooden canopy, I couldn't do it. I do a lot of coral propagation lately and I stick my hands in the tank a LOT. My room is very cluttered with furniture atm too so I think if I added a canopy it would get even more clausterphobic lol.
i don't use glass either but i always go for more of an elegant look, but i guess cause my tank is in my living room and i look at it as a piece of furniture. how often do you clean your biowheels? i have a similar set-up except lighting is VHO

mudplayerx

My hob filters don't have biowheels. Although I did remove the filter media and replaced it with aragonite sand in nylon stockings. I wanted my tank in the living room as well but I don't trust my family around it lol