Coralife Protein Skimmer 65 not bubbling

Mama Wildside

I got a new protein skimmer for Christmas. The instructions are pretty limited. I have it set up as a hang on to the tank. I do not have a sump. Fish and reef in a 75 gallon tank. Turned on the skimmer and water flow is good but there is not bubbles or foam anywhere. Have made sure airlines are clear. Used the shorter connector to put water pump higher in the tank. I have no idea what I have wrong. Please help!

Mama Wildside

I got it figured out. Don't really know what it was. I took entire unit off aquarium, drained it completely, and made sure airways were all clear. Reinstalled and fired it up and it works perfectly.

flower

I got it figured out. Don't really know what it was. I took entire unit off aquarium, drained it completely, and made sure airways were all clear. Reinstalled and fired it up and it works perfectly.
Hi,

Enjoy it while it lasts...I HATE Corallife brand...Back in the day they were a good brand, but they went out of business, and all that's left is junk they couldn't sell. My Coralife skimmer experience was the reason for me to finally decide to never buy that brand again. Watch it so it doesn't dump water all over the floor, check it twice daily. I had an auto top off, and because of that skimmer, dumping water all night onto the floor, it nearly killed my entire tank. The only thing that saved it was the fact that my auto top off only held 25g. So when the Top off water was drained, it couldn't pour any more fresh water into my 90g reef tank. It also likes to send micro-bubbles into the tank so bad that it looked like snow... and the fact that I only had to dump the skimmer cup once a month because it never really slimmed well, and took that long to get anything into the cup.