Coralife Pure-Flo Reverse Osmosis Water Purification Units

dathem

Hello,
I just bought one of the Coralife Pure-Flo Reverse Osmosis Water Purification Units and I believe my unit has the waste and "good water" tubes reversed from what the instructions state. The blue tube is suppose to be the "good water" and red the waste. My red tube has a slow flow of water and the blue has a great deal of water flowing out. So I am assuming they are reversed and am I correct?

reeferx

I am not familar with that unit, but that sure doesn't sound right to me.
Blue is usually the slow one.
Is there a schematic you can double check against?
I would call their customer service.

dathem

Hello,
Unfortunately there is no customer service # listed anywhere on the single photocopied instruction sheet and only a web page listed on the outside of the box. I e-mailed them several hourse ago but haven't received a reply yet.
There web page is <a href="http://www.esuweb.com" target="_blank">http://www.esuweb.com</a>

reeferx

Ouch. Tough call.
Is the blue line hooked up on yours like the one in that pic? Likewise, does the yellow come off the top?

reeferx

I found a better pic:

Does that help?
*I would like to say go with our instincts, but my R.O. has been in my closet since I moved so I don't trust myself on this one. There are probably some others here that could answer this.

dathem

Hello,
My unit is different from your pic. I just took a digital photo and uploaded to my server and will try to post it here.

broomer5

The waste flow will always be more than the RO if the unit is working right.
Run some of each water into separate containers and test the pH or alkalinity.
In most every case of using city municipal tap water, the lower measurements will be the RO water.

reeferx

ha.
I would do the broomer test to make sure, but going between their stock photo and the ones you just took, it looks like they screwed up on yours!
Way to go Coralife!
:p