coralife skimmer bubble box overflow

S

saltwaterchris

My tank/skimmer has been running for about 3 weeks. The bubble diffuser in the tank is always overflowing and creating a waterfall into the tank creating bubbles and noise. I have tried adjusting the water flow but can only tweek small amounts becasue this also affects the spillover into the waste cup. I have also tried adjusting water levels but not much help there either.
The pinwheel is about 2 inches below the box. This doesn't seem right but when following the diagram upon setup, this is how it showed it.
Any help

reefkprz

take the bottom layer of sponge out, and rip it in half thickness wise, that'll increase the flow through it and create less spillover.

saintsfan

I'm new at this but, after some trial and error I took the black foam in the overflow and pulled it up slightly over the top approx. 1/8 inch. so any water overflowing has to go through it. Now I believe the only bubbles in my tank now are coming from my emperor 400. Still trying to figure that out.

saintsfan

I'm new at this but, after some trial and error I took the black foam in the overflow and pulled it up slightly over the top approx. 1/8 inch. so any water overflowing has to go through it. Now I believe the only bubbles in my tank now are coming from my emperor 400. Still trying to figure that out.

Hope this helps.