coralife skimmer issues?

cgrant

I was just wondering if anyone has had issues with the coralife skimmers.
The main body part of mine started leaking (sealed/glued part between top black plastic piece and clear piece of main body)
I have the ss 220, i sent it in and they are sending me a brand new one for free!
I was just wondering if anyone has had issues with these?

robsw

i have not had this problem but my CSS 65 is such a pain in the arese to adjust. it is so touchy. even when i do a water change or FW topoff, i have to readjust the settings. dont get me wrong i love the thing i didnt think i needed a skimmer until i emptied the collection cup the first time. i think it is the worst smell associated with the hobby. Anyway i love it its just extremely tochy and needs to be "re tuned" every day. Maybe the bigger models will be better
Have a nice day
Rob

cgrant

i have to adjust mine about every other day due to topoffs, etc.
I think thats about normal for a skimmer, definately gets the most attention in my tank.
Its worked out very well until now, definately gets alot of crud out!
I guess it can happen, parts fail!

chipmaker

I think having an ATO is a prerequiste if you have a skimmer and do not want to have to fiddle with it. Once I got ATO's on my tanks, my fiddling days were over. ATO's are a dirt cheap piece of equipment that makes life easy and hassle free, and probably 99% of everyone out there could easily make one at home.

seannmelly

I have owned the 65 and now own the 125. I do agree that the 65 was a pain in the butt to adjust. When we finally adjusted it perfectly, it stopped making bubbles. Something happened to the venturi valve. I now own the 125 and its awesome. It's pretty easy to adjust the only times I have to adjust mine is when I have to empty the collection cup. The only problem I've had is it overflowed all over me twice when I turned the red knob the wrong way...Not fun, very smelly, and a pain in the butt to clean up.