Coralife Super Skimmer 125g

huskermike

[hr]
Having some trouble with way too many bubbles coming from the "bubble-production diffuser cup" which sits down in the water in the tank (not the collection cup on top of the skimmer).
How do I reduce the bubbles overflowing from the cup into the tank? Thanks,
Mike

huskermike

:help: I don't know. I've adjusted the red knob to the level recommended and also set the box in the tank how it's supped to be set. ALso, trimmed the tubing down in the bubble diffuser down to about 1" above the sponge material in the diffuser box.
I have a ton of bubbles coming up and over the top of the diffuser. I may call Coralife on Tuesday and see what they recommend.

tangs123

well i have the 65G so i am not sure its the same,
but try closing (but not completely) the valve from the pump into the chamber and closing it a little bit;
it may work or may not, i am just throwing out ideas

skywatcher

Not sure how long you have had the skimmer running but the bubbles will decrease after about a week. Make sure the pump is no more than 2 inches below the water line. I have the bubble trap slighlty above the water line and the the black sponge about 1/4 inch above the trap. Cut the flexible hose so that no more than 1 inch enters the trap. I have mine just entering the black sponge. Set this way my skimmer has almost zero bubbles entering the tank.

huskermike

Skywatcher, you're right, after a couple of days the bubbles have diminished somewhat. Thanks to everyone for the great advise!
Mike

djm

Just as a side note- the 65 is the only SS unit that has the valve between the pump and the chamber. It confused the heck out of me the first time someone with a 65 was asking about it.

borgatagal

When I first bought mine someone on here said to go buy some polyfiber from walmart craft department and place in the bottom with the sponge. I have been doing it for six months and --- less bubbles. Great advice. This board is great!

mrsdorothy

The polyfiber works great. I have the 125 and had the same problem. Added 2 pieces of polyfiber and have not had a problem since.

huskermike

Thanks! I'll do that. Need to make a trip to Wally World tomorrow anyway!
I appreciate all of the great advice!!!
Mike