Coralife Super Skimmer Needle Wheel

27mtaylor

What's everyone's take on this skimmer? I like the fact that it is a little more affordable than the others. I have read a few good reviews on it, but most people say it leaves bubbles in the water. Is there an easy way to fix that? Also are they noisy? Would this be a good skimmer to get? Any pros and cons would be appreciated. Thanks!

alyssia

I have that skimmer and I love it. I don't have a problem with it leaving bubbles in the water. It is not noisy at all.

johnzo

I have the 220 gallon model. When mine was breaking in I had to keep an eye on it but it is drilled and comes with a drain line for the collection cup....now it is on auto-pilot no problems and very quiet.

27mtaylor

Originally Posted by Johnzo
I have the 220 gallon model. When mine was breaking in I had to keep an eye on it but it is drilled and comes with a drain line for the collection cup....now it is on auto-pilot no problems and very quiet.
What do you mean when you say it is drilled? And also what is the drain line for? I thought you just pulled the cup off to empty them. Sorry I'm just a little confused.

johnzo

yes you can just pull the cup off.... or you can hook up the drain line set a 2 liter bottle next to it and it catches the skimmings for you ... put the lid on the 2 liter and throw it away... simple

27mtaylor

Originally Posted by Johnzo
yes you can just pull the cup off.... or you can hook up the drain line set a 2 liter bottle next to it and it catches the skimmings for you ... put the lid on the 2 liter and throw it away... simple
That sounds like the way to go there. That way if the collection cup runs over, you have a 2 liter bottle to catch it all.

27mtaylor

I just placed the order for the Coralife Skimmer. Hopefully it will be very beneficial for my tank. Thanks for the responses guys!