Coralife Super Skimmer vs Excalibur

g13

Which of these two Hang On Back skimmers is better. Can i please get pros and cons.... I currently run a Aqua c Remora that is definetly kick ass only one con too many damn micro-bubbles. I purchased the surface skimmer/micro-bubble trap and there is no difference in the micro-bubbles.
So if any of you guys own any of the skimmers stated on the title please post your pros and cons......Thanks,

pesci

I used the Coralike for about 2 weeks and still had some micro bubbles. My biggest problem with it is it is huge! It towers over the tank about 6.5 inches and unless you have a large tank, the inlet and difuser box take a lot of space up on the backdrop. I have also used the Sea Clone and the Coralife had less bubbles than that, because of the diffuser I guess, but it did still have them. Hope this helps.

reefreak29

do not by coralife skimmers the cheap no name pump that comes with it burnt up in just 4 months and killed my tank

fishieness

Originally Posted by reefreak29
do not by coralife skimmers the cheap no name pump that comes with it burnt up in just 4 months and killed my tank
no name? mine is a rio, not to best i know, but can be replaced cheap if you realy have that much of a problem with them.
i have one and have had no problems. you could probalby get a skimmer to do a better job, but i wouldnt know by how much cause ive never had another. id stick with the remora and try to fix that.

g13

Thanks, for all the reply's so far..... I've tried everything with the remora but there is no way of stopping the micro-bubbles. I've tried everything that has ever been mentioned and the bubbles flow like if it is meant to fill up my tank with them.
Anybody using an excalibur?

bergamer

I have had my coralife skimmer for about 7 months, no problems with the pump, although mine is in my sump. Also coralife has excellent customer service regarding their products

reefreak29

really??? when i told them about my pump melt down they did say they would replace the pump, but when i asked them to overnight it for me after haveing a huge die off they said there not wasteing there money on that i am very disapointed with them and there product
plus i still havent recieved the replacement pump and its been 2 weeks