Coralife vs Orbit Sunpaq Lighting?

sirk

I do not currently have any kind of lighting system to speak of. Only what came w/my take that I used prior w/my freshwater fish. I have a FOWLR tank but would like to add anemones and zoos in the future and maybe a few other items as I become experienced.
I have a (I thought it was 35g but found out its a 40g) Hexagon tank 25hx21wx18w.
I am looking at these two lighting systems for one because they will fit with my tank. Any suggestions or reasons why I should not look at these two. Will they work for what I am wanting for future needs? Any suggestions for something that would be more suitable? Thanks.
1.) Coralife deluxe 20" 96W Quad
2.) Orbit 2x40W Sunpaq w/lunar light 21"

mr.bled

i have recently picked up a orbit setup for my tank and its totally worth it. its pc lighting though so if you plan on getting anenomes then you should probably go with the Nova t5's or halids. but for shrooms and other coral that dont require heavy lighting then go with the orbits. ill pm you the website were i bought mine. seems i cant marineandreef

b-majestic

My buddy down the street has the Coralife system with 4 65 watt Bulbs on a 60 gal tank. I have the orbit with 4 65watt bulbs and we both agree that we think my light works alot better we bough them both about the same time. My Light also puts out a nicer color and appears to be brighter.
The orbit or the coralife unit should work fine for you.
Just my 2 cents.
Brad.

sirk

Originally Posted by mr.bled
i have recently picked up a orbit setup for my tank and its totally worth it. its pc lighting though so if you plan on getting anenomes then you should probably go with the Nova t5's or halids. but for shrooms and other coral that dont require heavy lighting then go with the orbits. ill pm you the website were i bought mine. seems i cant marineandreef

Thanks! This makes my decision much easier! I appreciate your input. I might check out the Nova T5 set up too.

sirk

Originally Posted by B-majestic
My buddy down the street has the Coralife system with 4 65 watt Bulbs on a 60 gal tank. I have the orbit with 4 65watt bulbs and we both agree that we think my light works alot better we bough them both about the same time. My Light also puts out a nicer color and appears to be brighter.
The orbit or the coralife unit should work fine for you.
Just my 2 cents.
Brad.

Thanks!! This really helps! Everyone has been really great on this board! :joy: