Coraline Algae on Acryllic Tank

shibashake

I have one of the Eclipse System 12 acryllic tank and the sides are getting taken over by coraline algae. What's the best way to clean it off? The front is also a bowed front, making it really hard to use anything hard and flat. I'm sure there have to be plenty of other Eclipse 12 owners that have experienced this problem and have found a solution.

speg

Have you tried one of those Kent scrapers? They have a "razor" attachment thats not nearly as sharp as a razor.. but sharp enough to take coraline off and (if use correctly) not sharp enough to damage your acrylic.

carshark

well i have never used an acrylic tank, but i know to prevent scratching of window tint when i am removing window stickers off of a sold car i am turning over to my customers, i use a plastic razor blade, they make a blade that is all plastic and it doesnt scratch or remove tint when doing this, just a suggestion maybe..

bri23520

I used a credit card for a while, but now i use my trump marina comp card, its much thicker plastic works great

civicracer

kent makes a scrapper designed for acrylic tanks. as for the bow front you have to go sideways with the scrapper. turn it horizontal and scrape left to right or right to left however you wish. it'll work. you'll get wet but your tank will get clean