Coraline algae

redqueen

Hello everyone, I have had my tank up and running for about 10 weeks now and I'm starting to see alot of light green spots on the LR. Can coraline algae be this color? Also, does coraline algae comsume amonia and assist in the biological cycle? I have heard that only nutrifying bacteria consume amonia and nitrite. Some other folks have told me that coraline algae does the same thing. Thanks in advance. :)

fshhub

coraline like other algaes help with ammonia and trite/trates
light green is one color that could be coraline as well
can you give a little better description. ie texture, and such

redqueen

Thank you for your input. The light green coraline looks much like the purple that is already on some of the LR. The two colors have the same texture. The crabs and snails go right over it without disturbing it, while they eat every other kind of algae in the tank.
Normally I wouldn’t of even asked about this because I was confident that coraline could have a green color, but it has spread over the LR very quickly. Faster then I thought coraline could grow. I have no other algae growth that I can notice. I also have minimal wattage with my lighting, maybe 1.25 watts per gallon. I have heard that coraline grows better under low light. What does everyone else think?
:happy: