coraline algae

buffett

im having some trouble getting coraline to grow i had some rocks that had some really great algae growth on them and placed them on different rocks to spread out the eventual growth, my tank has been going for about 2.5 months and ive all but lost the coraline algae on the other rocks, water test are good my cal is around 420, ive been dosing it for a month with purple up, if you guys can help me out with any advice i would greatly appreaciate it
thank you

H

huskychasrs

I started my tank late Jan this year and I'm just now getting good corraline growth starting.
What kind of lighting are you using?

V

vicegrip

It takes time your cal. is good how's your alk they go hand and hand. B-ionic 2 part cal and alk works great for this.
I wouldn't waste your time with purple up.

buffett

Originally Posted by huskychasrs
I started my tank late Jan this year and I'm just now getting good corraline growth starting.
What kind of lighting are you using?
light is good i think lol its 96w pc from coralife with 10k daylight and an actinic bulb and the lunar lights, so i think its ok

buffett

Originally Posted by vicegrip
It takes time your cal. is good how's your alk they go hand and hand. B-ionic 2 part cal and alk works great for this.
I wouldn't waste your time with purple up.
my alk is good i tested it and then took it to the lfs and they said everything is good so ..
the purple up the 2 lfs i go to they both use them and of course they like it but what really turned me on to it was a friend had been useing it and he loved it so ive only been dosing it for about a month

snaredrum

There is no substitute for waiting. I was going to add purple up and try this and that. My tank was set up 4 months ago and hear is what I have going on.