Coraline Algea...???

wla1610

Low calcium is one issue. I've heard that temp fluctions can cause it to go white as well. I'm fighting the same issue with my coraline right now too. I do know my calcium is a bit low though. I hope yours doesn't keep turning white.

pashari

I've heard that changes in lighting can do this. Changing duration of lighting. Not sure how true this is.
Lisa

roadrunner

well the lighting is not an issue b/c my tank is on a timer...calcium i wouldn't think would be a probem b/c i do a 4 gal water change everyday...i'm thinking that its temp change b/c the other day the power in the house went out and the temp in the tank dipped down to 66 degrees...so im thinking its the temp...
THANKS!

pallan

i recently added pc lighting to a new tank with live rock taken from old tank to the new one. my cloraline slowely paled over a couple of days and is slowely returning. ive read that the drastic change in lighting can effect corraline. if so did you recently upgrade your lighting.
Although im not counting out my calcium.alk/ph issue im fighting now as well it could also be the culprit.
good luck

roadrunner

WLA1610 Not a problem. Do you have corals in your tank?
Yes i have a green star polyp.
Pallan i recently added pc lighting to a new tank with live rock taken from old tank to the new one. my cloraline slowely paled over a couple of days and is slowely returning. ive read that the drastic change in lighting can effect corraline. if so did you recently upgrade your lighting.
Although im not counting out my calcium.alk/ph issue im fighting now as well it could also be the culprit.
good luck
i guess you could say that i i sorta upgraded the lights b/c i just replaced the old bulbs with new one...old bulbs were almost 2 yrs old so maybe thats an upgrade?