coraline

6string

will coraline of all different colors grow if it only has moon lights on it? i have a 40 gallon tank with a regular aquaglow light on it but i have 10 blue moon light led on it. i use purple up every day.

reefforbrains

yes you will get some but will be very very slow. Often its not about the light, its about the tanks stability and consistancy for balancing water chem. Without the balance, all the Purple up in the world wont grow Coraline.
Please dont take this as an attack in any way. But if you only have the basic aquaglow from P##co why are so you anxious for coraline? Spend the same price of your next bottle of Purple-up for some better lighting.
Corraline is often looked at as a side effect of a tank, not the purpose of it. Its your tank and you set the priorities but just seems odd to go after coraline when the basics arent covered for long term success.
JMO, but dont waste the money on PU

6string

i had a 75 gallon that i ran 2 blue and 2red VHOs but i had to down size for the fact i live in an apartment now. the tank has a hood on it that only has one light. will the hood be powerfull enough to run a better 24 inch light?

reefforbrains

nope. just toss the hood if your going to try to have corals. Fish Only then use the hood but otherwise no way.
Also many here are apartment dwellers with large tanks. People seem to think they will crash through the floor. Its rubbish. You and two friends sitting on the couch watching a game weigh more than your fishtank. I wouldnt suggest a 300G if your on the top floor, but apartments can handle weight just fine within reason.

6string

i dont have any coral. i was wanting to get the rock as colorful as possible for when i buy my house i can get the 75 going again. my worry is not the weight of the tank it is the water changes and the weight of bringing the tank, water, live sand, rock, etc up the stairs. do you know where i can find a cheap hood that will hold a few lights and my ballast? will the moon lights help at all?

reefforbrains

no the moods wont help at all.
Here in the classifieds there are lights all over the place. the 175 pendant for 115 shipped would suit your needs fine.