Coralline Algae

I want to know how to get Coralline Algae to really start growing.Is there some sceret to it?What additives are good for this(if any).please fill me in.Thanks :D :D

nm reef

Whats worked for me is adaquate lighting......calcium @ 450 ppm....alkalinity @ 2.8 to 3.5 meg/l...ph stable around 8.3.......I use seachem products & kalkwasser to maintain and stabilize these levels.....plus I did take a good piece of lr with coraline on it and placed it in the direct flow of a power head.......cloaline every where.....glass......equipment......rocks.....refugium walls........every where......

for some reason i cant seem to get my calcium high enough.i can only get it to 350 im using kents liquid calcium and have used the two part system tech cb parts a & b but still cant get it to rise???any ideas why

One of the reasons coraline doesn't grow well, that many people overlook, is the need for good alkalinity levels. Test for this, and adjust accordingly.
Two part additives are only good for maintaining levels, NOT raising them. To raise calcium use Kent's Turbo Calcium, and for your alkalinity use Kents Pro-Buffer dKH. NM Reef was right on. I too drip Kalk, and in addition I use the Pro-Buffer every day/Turbo Calcium whenever my Calcium needs a boost. Since I dropped using the two-parters, and switched to this method, I have had the "coraline explosion", it is virtually everywhere.
I am not a fan of the two-part additives, as I used them for about 8 months with little to no affect. I am much happier with the results from the method I now employ.
HTH
Hermit

rhearrel

I agree with Up North...I overlooked my Alkalinity for a couple of months and my coraline never developed. Once adjusted and sustained, it took off like mad.