coralline growth

I

iluvfish

I have just read several threads about corraline algae growth. I seem to have all of the right criteria, but no growth. I do have a couple of rock in my tank with great corraline on them, but it doesn't seem to be spreading. My tank is only 3 1/2 months old. How long should I wait? My trates are running 25, calcium 490-500 and alk 15.4dkh. I can't seem to lower these even w/ water changes.
I don't know anything about Mg. Is this something I should be adding? My pH runs 8.2-8.4 and spGr 1.024.

I

iluvfish

Thanks reefman - anyone else have any ideas/suggestions?

matti070

Did you check all the nooks and crannys of the tank? i had corraline by the 3rd or 4th week of mine.
Also OT: I have a pajama cardinal exactly like the one in your avatar. whered oyu get yours?

I

iluvfish

Matti - I do have some corraline - just not spreading like I'd hope. And about the PJ cardinal - I got it from LFS. My son actually picked him out and named him Pajama Sam! :D But I got the avatar from a thread by RyeBread.

well my tank has been running for 8 months and i dont have that much coraline so you just have to wait and it grows faster on some rocks

shoreliner11

My wasn't doing growing to speak of and then I raised the tank salinity from 1.023 up to 1.025 and it helped a bit. I also scratched over some of my rocks to get the coraline spores to spread. I am having it pop up in different parts of my tank now. But growth wise the salinity change made a noticeable difference.