coralreefer's 75 gallon build

posiden

cause you could do the work yourself and save some cash. I don't know if that is an issue.
Sometimes you just can't buy what you want.

coralreefer

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EVERYONE READ
the final plan for the tank is a 75 GALLON TANK WITH PRE DRILLED OVERFLOW.
the 90 gallon was way too scratched, so that is out. I will be ordering the tank soon so ill post some pics
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coralreefer

my options are a tank with a corner overflow or one with one on the back of the tank. which one do you guys recommend?

cedarreef

There was a member that I saw do a "coast to coast" overflow which went across the whole back of the tank, but it was just a small bar that didn't go too deep and was easily hidden by the aquascape. It looked really good.

posiden

Well that is why I asked about DIY skills. My 75 is going to have a coast to coast OF. It is only going to cost my 15 bucks for the glass and that is in black, well very dark tint. The color is in the glass not a film. A 10 dollar hole saw. And the plumbing.
Oh yea you will need a blank tank.
What is the cost difference on tanks, from one with the OF or one without the OF? Also the ones with the OF, do they come with the drains? When I was looking at them I had to purchase them separately.

coralreefer

i ordered a 75 standard with a corner overflow. it comes with the tank and the complete overflow kit, and im still debating whether to build or buy the stand. i want to build it, because it will cost loads less, but we'll see

coralreefer

the overflow is rated for 700 gph. i already designed the stand and i will start building it this weekend, so ill keep you guys posted

moondog

I am in Chesapeake Beach, about 30 minutes from DC depending on traffic. I just upgraded to a 150, and I have a stand for my old 75 I am trying to get out of the house.