Corals and Inverts

becky

I have a 30 gallon tank.. some live rock, good filtration.. 50/50 reef light. I am wondering what is the best ..maybe even earier types of pretty corals and inverts i could have in my tank. I have been told carpet anemone is on the harder side to keep... so if anyone can recommend some more easier.. or beginner types I would Greatly appreciate it!
Also... i have two per clowns right now... and plan to have a royal gramma and Lemon Peel. Thought all this info would help!
Thanks!!! :p

Mushrooms are always nice and usally easy to care for. We have 6 differant clusters and all do great. but you need to feed some kind of photoplanktin as smaller ones tend to only eat free floating material, we have one set that when its fully open it could engulf a peach, JMO..cya...fixit

nm reef

Becky....if your 50/50 light is standard no floresent then your choices are limited.......possibly mushrooms and polyps.........you may want to look at a lighting up-grade...maybe pc or vho floresent before getting very involved in corals...........also you'll need to establish / maintain calcium & alkalinity for the benefit of your corals...........

becky

Thanks guys :).. I have some blue leg hermits !!
For the last person who wrote.. about the light upgrade.. How much does this cost?? apx ??
If i only have a place on the hood for one light.. where do more go?
Thanks for all the good imput!
ps.. to the person from scnec. NY.. i was raised about 2 hrs from there :) :p

flydan

Hey,
I would put in a vote for a pair of cleaner shrimp. Fun to watch, pretty, and useful. Can't beat that!
As far as your lighting goes, a VHO retro kit with ice cap ballast will run about $300. The easiest thing to do is hang them above your tank. You could build a frame to sit on top of your tank too.
Dan'l