Corals dying. HELP!

pthoma79

I noticed yesterday that my xenia and zoas weren't looking so great, but didn't have time to tend to them. Today, they are doing about the same, and I want to figure out whats going on before they all die.
About 3 weeks ago, I added some orange zoas and a Hydnophora. Now, my xenia and 2 colonies of zoas (green eye and orange) seem to be dying. My levels are:
SG-1.022 (hydrometer)
pH-8.2
trite-0
trate-25
amm-0
ca-420
KH-14.4
alk-5.14
The only thing I can think of is possibly chemical warfare, but I have a few shrooms and a colt in the tank too, and they are doing fine. I don't run carbon.
I know the Hydnophora can be aggressive, but not sure if its stinging them or not. There are corals closer than the zoas, so wouldn't they be affected too?
Here are some pics:

PLEASE let me know asap if you have any ideas (or if you need more info or pics). I'll be checking back often. Thanks!!!

what is the distance between the corals?
what are the phos levels?
generally when you have trate levels semi high you will have more phos levels.
can you attach the pics in the post so i can see them? (i have a photo blocker at work)

tdog7879

how new or old are your light bulbs? If i were you i wont worry about the xenia they will grow crazy in yout tank and you wish you never had gotten them

meadbhb

Hiya,
I'd get the salinity up a little and shouldn't Alk be between 8-12? Also, I've heard xena can't take high nitrates.
Meadbhb

pthoma79

that might be the problem. xenia are now gone, and WHY CAN'T I KEEP ZOAS? Aren't they supposed to be easy to care for? I can't seem to keep them healthy for the life of me. The ones in the photos are slowly withering away.
I don't seem to have a problem keeping shrooms, colt and a hydnophora, but it seems like every zoa I buy dies on me. Any ideas?

pthoma79

I will be starting to replace my cc with fine sand shortly, so hopefully that'll take care of that problem. What's the easiest way to up my alk?
And, I buy premixed saltwater from my lfs, which is 1.023, so i'll add a little more salt to it when I do water changes.