Corals with Seahorses Questions

Hi everyone! I have been looking through the compatability chart for seahorses. According to that chart mushrooms and leathers are okay with seahorses. I have heard conflicting stories about this, what do you all think...? Thanks for any help!

teresaq

anything that does not sting is OK. I have leathers, shrooms, and zoos in my tank. I completely trust the compatibility chart posted here. It was written by some very knowledgeable people IMO.

Oh, that is great! I trust it too, just wanted to be totally sure I wasn't confused, that seems to happen to me sometimes...
How would you recommend me buy corals and know for sure that they are not introducing unwanted things into the tank? I have just set the tank up and gotten new bags of live sand and dry rock in it to avoid issues. I figured that it would eventually turn to live rock. I am not in a hurry to get it set up as long as I do it right.

teresaq

I would fresh water dip what you can, and Qt everything for a few weeks to be sure there's nothing you dont want
T

teresaq

What size Tank did you set up.
What species are you getting.
Where in Fla are you.
Hi how are ya. hehe

I just bought some corals from this site and was really impressed....they were big, and no nasties like bristle worms or aptasia....I got a colt , leather finger and plan on getting some rics in a week or so.I also have cladiella and briarium in my tank.

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
http:///forum/post/2961942
What size Tank did you set up.
What species are you getting.
Where in Fla are you.
Hi how are ya. hehe

I am in Northwest Florida, Destin area. I set up a 29g. I had wanted to do a 55 but just couldn't fit it in the room right now. I know that a 29 is small and limiting.

I haven't decided on a exact species yet.

teresaq

29 is fine for one pair of horses. if you dont plan on babies, then I would do two females. Just remember captive bred only
Good luck and keep us posted
T

I do want to try for babies, I would like to have a mated pair, of course tank raised though. I thought I could set up a baby tank too. If I can handle the pair I would try to go up in tank size, maybe a 37g. I believe there is a 37g tank that fits the same stand I have. I guess I want to be sure I can handle the pressure of seahorses first and I have the 29 already.

teresaq

If you want to raise babies, the easiest are H. Southern Erectus.
Check my thread. I have my first batch.
T