corraline alage best way

davidsmith1019

i want coraline alage but i have a semi aggresive tank and dont realy have the lighting is there any other way for it to grow

sammystingray

It needs some light...VHOs work the best in my opinion. Good water flow and, of course, some coraline to start with.

rover3190

The tanks that I have had the best coraline growth in have been small low light tanks. Hi light, hi flow doesn't result in good growth. Just make sure your alk, ph, calcium, and magnesium are in check and you should be good to go. Keep the nitrates low with regular water changes and have a little patience.

bdhough

I don't think lights matter to much either . I've got loads of it growing under 30 watts of flourescents. Key's are Salinity of .024, calcium of 400 and some decent water flow. I think a steady flow works best. Thats where it grew most in my tanks.

sammystingray

I notice it LOVES high flow.....usually grows directly in front of where a pump is hitting. bdhough, what size tank, got pics?.....I doubt his aggressive tank is a 30, 55, etc.....hope not actually.

sammystingray

Come to think of it....seriously.....I would love to see pics of coraline growth in tanks with NO lighting......I have had it grow under NO, but it was weak, and didn't do well......anyone got some pics to share? Please state the tank size and lighting watts.