corraline

swingsett

anyone with a large amount of coralline on their glass mind scraping a bagfull off and mailing it to me? trying to get it started in my tank, but there really isnt anyone in my area. i read about people with HUGE amounts of coralline on here, always complaining about scraping it. :)
anyways, ill pay you for shipping, and float you a couple bucks for a good full ziplock bag or something. i have a paypal account, thanks for helping my tank out.

mr_x

ok. i can scrape you some. regular mail, and hope for the best. pm me your info.

mr_x

it depends on your parameters, and if there is any coralline present to start with. if you don't have any on your rock, it will never appear. the thing is, it's so plentiful that chances are, everyone has it in their tanks. i've seen it after 3 months.

kevin34

I had coralline spread on my rocks very fast. Started off as mostly lime green but now almost all of it is purple or red. But I am just now getting coralline on my glass. Tank has been setup since march.

M

markeo99

I just sent some today for another member did it work the last time you did it x? was it still colored when it got there?

mr_x

i don't know. he thanked me for the amount that was sent, but didn't mention if it was still purple/pink.

calaxa

This does work. You can even use old spores that have been bleached out. Don't even need that much.

M

markeo99

flow is ok just dont have anything that will filter it out for awhile skimmer,foam on powerheads filter socks you get the pic

ilovemytank

Originally Posted by markeo99
http:///forum/post/2805094
I just sent some today for another member did it work the last time you did it x? was it still colored when it got there?
So I am the member that some was just shipped to. I have been dosing my tank with calcium ( started about five days ago ) and I'm already having some pop up. When this coraline arrives to me, I will start a thread with pictures updating the progress and calcium levels. I tested today and I have 450.

M

markeo99

it really soaks up alk once it established I could usually read my tank it would start to bleach if I needed to add alk buffer

swingsett

dang, 4 days with no replys and i give up. then theres 17 out of nowhere? crazy. id still like some, i have a small amount already in my 55. a few rocks covered in it, but those i bought. ive seen some light blue and green algae in small places here and there, but the tank has been established since like march, and its taking a while. im not dosing or anything, so i want to try this route.

ilovemytank

I just recieved my coraline shavings and started a new thread with pictures. Watch the progress and lets see how this works.