Cost of live rock

brycewood

8.00$/lb
I got some with good coraline, but lately it's been slim pickings. Too bad because I am in need of another 6 lbs or so.

newfishguy

Mine was $10 a pound. I bought it online for $3 a pound. Buy it online.
Originally Posted by wieselspor
I was just wondering..... what does your LFS charge for live rock?
Mine-$7.00

smoney

I think its like $3.99 a pound, im suprised everyone elses live rock is so expensive.

smoney

Well, when I break down my tank Im going to sell my live rock for like $7.00 a pound, its such good rock, its got the purple stuff on it. :jumping: haha

merredeth

Originally Posted by wieselspor
I was just wondering..... what does your LFS charge for live rock?
Mine-$7.00
$7.99 for Fiji with some good correline on it. Just picked some up again today for another tank.
Denise M.

carshark

5.15 LB for almost complete covered purple coraline or 6.25 for aquacultured this stuff has like stars and all kinds of life, insane rock...

ebsochin

Somewhere around "the arm and a leg" category!!!

LFS around here charge anywhere from 5.99 to 7.99 per pound but when you actually look at what your getting....yeah it's way to much.
Luckily for me my mother in law was looking out and found around 200lbs at a closing fish store in S.C. I got all that for FREE!!
Now that's the prices I'm talking about.

merredeth

Originally Posted by ebsOCHIN
Luckily for me my mother in law was looking out and found around 200lbs at a closing fish store in S.C. I got all that for FREE!!
Now that's the prices I'm talking about.

I have a great mother in law, but she wouldn't know a good deal from an LFS if it slapped her in the face. As great as she is, I envy you for having a mother in law that knew enough to grab all the free rock she could get her hands on for you. :cheer:
As you probably previously read, I'm paying "firstborn" prices - even though it is well cured.
Denise M.

texasmetal

Everything I've seen local to Dallas/Fort Worth is $6-$7
If anyone knows of a cheaper place around here please let me know!

fedukeford

- my LFS its $8.99-$12.99 but last time i bought 10 lbs or rock and i got TONS of HH such as a baby annenome, 7 clams, 4 featherdusters, and this weird clam like thing!!!