Cost of live rock

ebsochin

I have a great mother in law, but she wouldn't know a good deal from an LFS if it slapped her in the face. As great as she is, I envy you for having a mother in law that knew enough to grab all the free rock she could get her hands on for you.
I know what you mean. I guess I'm just blessed with such a great second mom. I hit the floor when she called and told me the "goodies" she got for me.
I think if I hadn't hit the lottery so to speak with the LR my mom got me, I would have had to try making my own. Some people have put some very good threads together on this site to show how it is done. I just think it is ridiculous to charge so much for LR. If you buy a 15lb piece it'll run you around $120 around here...NOW thats almost as much as my first and last born if you consider a 180gal needs about 20X that many lbs

Agggh you win some you loose some with this hobby.

jdboy

$5.49/lb. here in East TN and I wasn't anything special. Although after 9 months or so I'm starting to see good amounts of life from it.

acekjd83

7/lb for less than 10 lb, 6/lb for more than 10 lb. in redding ca. its good stuff, but not worth it if you need more than 20 lbs... just go online if you need more.

chipmaker

$6.00 a pound for fully cured loaded with coraline Fiji rock. ALl kinds of hitch hikers, and the rock I just bought yesterday even had a mess of christmas trees on it, as wlel as all kinds of polyps and other neat stuff........Early (like about 4 am) my glass was covered with copepods.....And this is at my LFS I picked up 26 pounds of it yesterday for my 16 gal AGA bowfront.......looks pretty darn good.

drose

In the Capital area:
Atlantic LR 8.99
Alar or Coralline 9.99
I bought mine online for just under $3 (S&H included).