Cost of replacing bulbs

maxalmon

I'm in Sooo much trouble...
Why the heck are lightbulbs so freaking expensive

I asked if I could order new bulbs for the tanks, I was not specific about how many bulbs I would be ordering and when asked how much, I simply stated that a MH bulb was around $60 and PC's were around $20 & $30, I got the "whatever, just order them"
Ended up ordering 6x250w MH's - 4x24w PC's - 4x65w Actinics
please pray for me

nycbob

u r doing good thing by buying more and more. this is the only way we can get out of this economic crisis.

petjunkie

So if you stop showing up on here should we assume you are dead? I bought a used light fixture for super cheap but need 3 x 250 halides, 4 x 96 pcs, plus replacing all the lights on the fixtures I already have running. Bulbs are really expensive.

bullitr

i just bought 4 mh 3 250 and 1 400 and i have a 10" naso that likes to splash the water hits the new bulb and crack and finally last night i was cleaning my tank, i splash water and crack a bulb again.
but i am too cheap to get 2more so i leave it. it seems like it doesn't affect the performance . none the less i install the uv glass on my lumenarc so i won't have this problem ever again

coral keeper

Yeah, bulbs are pricey! Spent $55 on my new DE 150 watt HQI 14k MH Phoenix bulb and the bulb was on sale and I used a coupon too. lol

dragracer

well, I go to Lowes. I got two 175w 10k bulbs(mogul based

[hr]
ins) for 19 bucks a piece. and contrary to what I have heard in the past......they work and look fine. I freind told me he has been using them for years.......sylvania bulbs.........they have 250's there too for 29 bucks. Just a thought.

anonome

I feel your pain, just dropped about $375.00 on 3 150w 20k, and 4 96w actinics..........My pocketbook is feeling the pain...........
Not really sure why they should cost so much, but loosing expensive coral because of bulbs is just not my cup of tea. I just plan in advance for it.

gatorwpb

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
http:///forum/post/2813042
Yeah, bulbs are pricey! Spent $55 on my new DE 150 watt HQI 14k MH Phoenix bulb and the bulb was on sale and I used a coupon too. lol
Congrats! Thats a good price. Mine were that much delivered too.
But that was coming from having used Aqualine AB 10ks before which were close to $90 each plus shipping.