COTW: Galaxy Coral

jumpfrog

Over, thanks for the research. My galaxia has been in the tank for over a year. I've had a couple pieces break off and fall to the substrate. They're still going strong. Here's the main piece. I have it toward the bottom and the current makes sure the feeders head toward absolutely nothing.

waterdog

I just got my Galaxia coral about 2 months ago and it has already grown a bit. It looks very similar to the first pic posted by overanalyzer but much smaller. I got it when there were about a dozen stalks on it and there are now somewhere between 20-24. I have it near the top of my 55g with 65w PC x 4 and it seems to be doing just fine. Lately it seems as if the feeder tentacles have gotten longer and are starting to piss off my frilly shroom, so I will move the shrooms over more.
I also got a couple stalks of a different kind of Galaxia, more like the awesome pics of Ryebread's, from my LFS for free. One has been doing great although really hasn't shown any signs of grown while the other one fell into one the holes in my live rock. I have seen it sticking it's tentacles out from in the hole, but haven't been able to get it out. I guess we will see what happens. I hope this helps some of you who would like to get one. They are very pretty and hardy IMO.

deeze

Here's mine, I couldn't resist this one at the LFS between the coral and the barnacles growing in it.

robchuck

Here is a shot of my galaxea with it's sweepers out that I took last night. This piece is a little larger than golfball size and the sweepers were out about 4-5".