Could I add this trigger?

Could i add a small sized trigger to my tank?
90galons
2 false percs
2 cardinals
1 hippo tang
1 yellow tang
2 gobies
1 Lwn Mwr blennie

T

therock0861

I wouldn't do that if I were you I would be afraid eventually your small fish may become fish food when he gets bigger but I may be mistaken. Also considering you already have 9 fish and 2 of them are tangs you are already overstocked IMO.

flamehawk

You are overstocked and will unfortunately have big problems if you don't depopulate. Do you have a larger tank currently in cycle mode? Tank is too small for a hippo. CAn get away w/ YT if you de-poulate.

ozadars

I think there are planktonic triggers which wont go after your fish, inverts and corals but you are overstocked. Even w/o trigger you still need a bigger tank IMO

well there all very small cus there new and its a new tank but wen they get bigger im tragin them in ......... how fast do u think theyll get big i was hoping to have em for at least a year do u think i could hold out that long?

drakken

I have recently been looking into triggers and I read that the Pink Tail trigger is much more docile trigger fish. Nigers also can be less agressive but they are less predictable.
The Pink Tail may work in you tank but you should probably remove at least one of the tangs. The other issue is that any trigger will eat any fish it can fit in it's mouth.
So, the answer is yes but you may need to make some changes to your stock if you do.