Could not resist.

I remember a post that someone started about MH lighting, and what he should get for a 55 gallon tank. Myself and a few others answered that he needed 175 watt MH, but it would be better to have 250's. Just about all of us agreed that we wish we would have ordered the 250's instead of the 175's.
Well I was shopping online, at aquatic light dot com, and the 400 watters were saying "buy me". So I did.
I am not going to use it for my 55 gallon. But when I upgrade - I GOT LIGHT!
For 219 dollars, I could not pass it up. This is with the 12000K upgrade.
I have heard many flames about the 12000k's, but my 175 watt 12000K has been a great bulb. Love the color.
Just wanted to share.

richard rendos

I have always used them until the last time I swapped bulbs. I still use them on my 54 gallon tank because I have no actinic supplement. The only thing I don't like about them is that after about 9 - 10 months they need changing because they do a color shift and lose intensity. As cheap as these bulbs are, you can afford to change them more often, though.

ironreef

12k bulbs have been tessted to have very low par= 250w@ AB 10k =110par Sunburst12k =37 and osram 42. If I wanted bluer I would get the osram 20k. better made bulb besides. Alot of ppl who have sps tanks seen a big diff but if your tank isn't primarly sps it maynot matter. But a german bulb is better than a chinese bulb in quality. I belive the 12k are chinese