Could these fish get along?

vgl12

Hi,
I was looking into setting up a agressive tank. I have alot of experince with reef tanks and fish. i have been researching about sharks and things. i was thinking about putting a lionfish,eel,and a whitebanded bamboo shark in an aqurium. i dont know how large the tank would be ( but would defeantly big enough for the shark!
) would those be good together? or was think of settin up a 20g/L tank and putting a baby octupus in it. Well please give me some advice and some tips ( and some pictures would be awesmome! )
Thanks,
vgl12

ttl

probity not and 20 gal will not be enough for the shark you will need much much much much more room.

small triggers

TTL i think you misunderstood the post, they said EITHER a tank big enough for a shark OR a 20l for an octo. Unfortunently, if you want a shark , even a bamboo shark your tank needs to be atleast 4ft wide and long so the shark can turn (i have heard 3 feet sometimes since sharks don't do corners). and a 20l for an octo i dont think is big enough either, they are very intelligent creatures and need a VERY tight set-up as they can fit through a whole smaller than say your pinky. SO,, if you are willing to take the effort you could do a 35g and make sure all of the intakes/overflow/corners/anything is water tight so the octo can not fit through, or get a really large tank and do the shark thing....OR do like me and jsut do aggressive without the shark and keep upgrading as your fish get larger

rdub62

Originally Posted by vgl12
http:///forum/post/3035246
Hi,
I was looking into setting up a agressive tank. I have alot of experince with reef tanks and fish. i have been researching about sharks and things. i was thinking about putting a lionfish,eel,and a whitebanded bamboo shark in an aqurium. i dont know how large the tank would be ( but would defeantly big enough for the shark!
) would those be good together? or was think of settin up a 20g/L tank and putting a baby octupus in it. Well please give me some advice and some tips ( and some pictures would be awesmome! )
Thanks,
vgl12
most people will tell you the min. tank size for a bamboo banded shark (one of the smaller, more common sharks) is about 125 gallon. and min tank size for every octopus i know of is 40-55 with a snug lid...

Min size for an Octo (SMAL ONE) is at least 30 gal.
Need good filtration a tight lid and Plenty of oxygen.
Need good hide spots and dim lighting...they hide ALOT
Feeding time is a different story..that when you see the action.