Could use some help please

regaldragon

Hey all, was just wondering if I could have some assistance with a speech that I am giving soon. I've chosen to inform my class about how to set up and maintain a saltwater fish tank. I've got a pretty good plan so far on what to say, but I was wondering if there was anything you guys think I should include.

jp0379

To me, the biggest thing is to wait until the tank is ready before you add fish (other than the damsels, of course). Maybe you could also add a bit about the advantages of livesand and liverock vs. crushed coral and "regular" rock. Just a suggestion.

dreeves

Reading, reading and readin, gaining knowledge from several different sources, prior to starting...

regaldragon

Hey Reeves, where in CT are you from? I lived in Coventry (near Vernon, Willimantic and Manchester) before I moved out to Kansas for school.
Anyhow, I think my speech is coming along quite well. I plan on going through the basics of how to set up a tank (equipment needed, research required, the importance of planning what you want in your tank months in advance) ; How to select your tank inhabitants ; and finally how to keep the tank well maintained (diseases and daily/weekly/monthly maintenance).
Anyone have any further tips? I really appreciate all the help so far! Thanks again!

stumpdog

If you have the option do a Powerpoint and ask for some of the pictures off of here. You could cover the wide range of tanks this way, from Nanos to 900 gallon lagoons.
Later-
Jeremy