Couldn't resist the temptation.....

myerst22

I am fully aware of not buying a fish on impulse, but I couldn't resist. Though I have kept the species with success before I contemplated the purchase for some time. I am moving in a few weeks and plan on upgrading my display to a 250 or 300 marineland starfire cube. I planned on finally sucking it up and buying a conspiculatus after everything was settled. So one really rainy day last week which caused me not to able to work I went on the LFS tour which I love. I had no intention of buying, but just to look and get my mind of the gloom of a raint day. Of course the last stop had a beauty of a fish that is a close cousin of the conspiculatus. It was 3", fat and healthy, eating like a pig, and best of all at least 5% of what a similar sized conspiculatus cost. So here is one of the two new fish I recently got. T

aquaknight

Nice fish! Chaetodontoplus are among the best angels, even if they are some of the least hardy.
I drove 200miles because of that fish/you this past weekend!
With all the buzz of really interesting stuff coming in all over the country, I hit up every possible LFS I could.

hobrien

Very good impulse buy.....I am going to be going along with a pair from the same family but the Black Velvet (gray poma) angel.

myerst22

AquaKnight Nice fish! Chaetodontoplus are among the best angels, even if they are some of the least hardy.
I drove 200miles because of that fish/you this past weekend! With all the buzz of really interesting stuff coming in all over the country, I hit up every possible LFS I could.
Believe me the nearest decent LFS is well over an hour away from where I live on Long Island NY. Most cannot believe it but I live all the way on the eastern southern point of Long Island. So doing my little LFS tour probably clocked 200 miles. How much was the fish!! WAYYY!!!! more than the other fish I bought this week, (Liopropoma carmabi, Candy Basslet). I also actually cam see this fish as the basslet is very secretive but eating great. Paid 40.00 cash. No tax charged! Like I said he is eating everything that hits the water including New Live Spectrum large pellets. Those pellets are to feed many fish especially a new Chaet. angel. T

kjr_trig

Great buy Tim, and a beautiful fish....Black Velvet and Blue Spot are 2 of my favorites!!

Great photography there too.

aquaknight

Originally Posted by myerst22
http:///forum/post/2908757
AquaKnight Nice fish! Chaetodontoplus are among the best angels, even if they are some of the least hardy.
I drove 200miles because of that fish/you this past weekend! With all the buzz of really interesting stuff coming in all over the country, I hit up every possible LFS I could.
Believe me the nearest decent LFS is well over an hour away from where I live on Long Island NY. Most cannot believe it but I live all the way on the eastern southern point of Long Island. So doing my little LFS tour probably clocked 200 miles. How much was the fish!! WAYYY!!!! more than the other fish I bought this week, (Liopropoma carmabi, Candy Basslet). I also actually cam see this fish as the basslet is very secretive but eating great. Paid 40.00 cash. No tax charged! Like I said he is eating everything that hits the water including New Live Spectrum large pellets. Those pellets are to feed many fish especially a new Chaet. angel. T
Ah. Yep, did at least 200miles myself. There are two decent stores 25mins away, but there's a store I frequent now that I'm never disappointed with. The problem is that it's 60miles in the other direction lol.
BTW it think you mean way less
then the Candy you also bought

aquaknight

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
http:///forum/post/2909515
How much did you pay for the fish if you don't mind me asking?

Originally Posted by myerst22

http:///forum/post/2908757
Believe me the nearest decent LFS is well over an hour away from where I live on Long Island NY. Most cannot believe it but I live all the way on the eastern southern point of Long Island. So doing my little LFS tour probably clocked 200 miles. How much was the fish!! WAYYY!!!! more than the other fish I bought this week, (Liopropoma carmabi, Candy Basslet). I also actually cam see this fish as the basslet is very secretive but eating great. Paid 40.00 cash. No tax charged!
Like I said he is eating everything that hits the water including New Live Spectrum large pellets. Those pellets are to feed many fish especially a new Chaet. angel. T

krazykarel

Congrats on your purchase and on spending much less that your CB! Btw...have your received the CB yet? How about some pics?

myerst22

Coral Keeper How much did you pay for the fish if you don't mind me asking?
The Candy Basslet or the Angel? The angel was whopping $40.00 cash!!! I am now concerned from others I have spoken with about the fish because it is only found in the Phillipines mostly around Cebu. Problem being, cyanide is unfortunatley still used to catch fish. I was under the impression that the use of cyanide wasn't used or very rarely in todays world. The fish is doing amazing and eating fantastically. I figured the fish would be far more finicky. Hope all goes well. Thanks for all the kind words!!!! Tim

hobrien

I hope it does well and cant wait to see it about in a tank photo when the QT is done. I will most likely be purchasing my Black Velvet Pair within the next few weeks.