Couple questions, Please help me....

new_noob

first one, My skimmer is not "pulling" out any green organic wast, its more of a brown color, just like diatom, is this the reason? I have alot of diatom.
second, What is a good Calcium test kit and would i even need one? On google they said you dont need one, but i'd rather be safe then sorry. And i'v heard Kent Marine Liquid Calcium is good, but are there any other calcium boosters that are better?
Third, What would be a great snail to clean the glass and rock, and one that will clean the sand.
Thank you for you time, NOW REPLY!!! please
:D

footbag

The brown stuff from the skimmer sounds right on to me. I would get a cal test kit, always test cal and alk together. Salifert makes good tests, never tried their cal test though. Don't add calcium suppliments without a test. Don't add anything you don't test for.

new_noob

Thanks man, i guesse i got here to late, for the Red Sea including tax and shipping and handling was only 2 bucks less then the Salifert, so im gonna get my dad or mom to drive me there. Now to the other questions, i need some input on the snails because i plan on buying some tonight.

new_noob

I have blue leg hermits but im going to move them to my Refugium or trade themfor scarlets, would a scarlet kill the snail also?

new_noob

alright im gonna buy some Nass, Turbo, and two or three mexicans, how does this sound? Im going to get more snails the farther i get into this hobby