Couriousty struck me on this one

reef_dart21

How many sold so many frags their tank was paid off in full or more?
my freinds total profit was about 1 grand so far off of selling ONLY pulsing xenia but he owns a lfs also

reefforbrains

Between power bills, and supplies the nickels and dimes add up.
Not to mention packing materials, and most importantly TIME. It takes a fair effort to raise and frag corals. Can it be done? Yes. Most do it out of love on the hobby and try to use it to buffer thier wallets for ugrades and trading.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by Reef_Dart21
http:///forum/post/2609904
How many sold so many frags their tank was paid off in full or more?
my freinds total profit was about 1 grand so far off of selling ONLY pulsing xenia but he owns a lfs also
well If I count my 75 as a loss (aka out of wallet 100%) I could easily have paid for everything in my 65G with frags I have traded/sold exchanged for credit. but thats after several years of out of pocket expenses. So I would say in a way Me but in reality not really. Know what I mean?

grabbitt

Hahaha I have made nowhere NEAR what I have spent.
I doubt I ever will, as well. Just so long as I make some change here and there to buy some new frags, I'm happy

mx#28

I certainly haven't recouped the money for my entire setup, but I'm a point now where I can at least keep even. In other words, selling frags gets me enough to buy various fish and coral food, supplements, salt for water changes, needed equipment and repairs, etc.

puffer32

I have paid off my 55 easily since most of the corals in that tank are frags out of my 150. I let them grow out in the 55 and then sell them. I have made the most money off my waving hands and pink pulsing xenia.