Cow fishs horns

tankfinder

Ok so I cant find one of my cow fishes horn... Its not sticking out of any of my other fish so I guess that counts as good news but I was wondering if they can grow their horns back or not???

viper_930

I don't think they can regrow their horns. Why are his horns coming off? If he's being stressed by something there's a risk of the fish releasing its toxins into the tank.

dogstar

What other fish is in the tank with the Cow? Some thing could be biteing them off or scareing the Cow where its running away and pumping into glass/ ect and breaking off. Best to QT the Cow so it doesnt poison your tank if not done allready.

tankfinder

The cow fish loves the sea weed sheets and when he eats he rushes the net suctioned to the tank, he goes in hard sometimes and that is the only thing I could think of.... He's housed with a dwarf lion, porc. puffer(small) and a box fish aslo small at the time. I dont believe he's been harrased because I watch them constintly. He is healthy so I dont think he's going to die and I am aware of them releasing deadly toxions. Waters great and It would be a bummer to loose such a interesting fish. I am also looking any other addition that I could make that are more kind of awkard fish... suggestions welcome