Cowfish help!!!

salt55

I just recently made a trip to the lfs and found a beautiful exotici looking fish that wasnt too expensive. It was a cow fish, very docile, looked harmless enough. I bought it and brought him home. Out of order, i then researched him. Since the store keeper warned me of nothing i thought everything was fine. I come to find out they are poisonous and can possibly kill all my fish and also that they are super super prone to ick. I just wanted to know if any one has had these fish and if so should i keep it or send him away??? How much of a risk is he going to be? Any help is appreciated....if he has to go i want him to go asap. Thanks again

mike j

all I know is he is a member of the boxfish so yeah, he is poisonous (I think) and he will also get extremely large...upwards of 20 inches.

2boyz

Originally posted by Salt55:
<strong>I just recently made a trip to the lfs and found a beautiful exotici looking fish that wasnt too expensive. It was a cow fish, very docile, looked harmless enough. I bought it and brought him home. Out of order, i then researched him. Since the store keeper warned me of nothing i thought everything was fine. I come to find out they are poisonous and can possibly kill all my fish and also that they are super super prone to ick. I just wanted to know if any one has had these fish and if so should i keep it or send him away??? How much of a risk is he going to be? Any help is appreciated....if he has to go i want him to go asap. Thanks again</strong><hr></blockquote>

2boyz

I had a cow fish in my 125 and it didn't harm a thing in the tank.As a matter in fact it was the talk of the town.I then added a coral beauty and it ate the horns off the cow.You think it looked funny with horns you should of seen it with the stubs !!!!