Cowfish owners.

marine

I had a cycled tank for a good 3 months. Had a few fish in it thriving. A volitan Lion, Blue hippo, tear drop butterfly, yellow tang, and a panther grouper. No one bothered him. He swam mostly at the tOP. THe 3rd day of having him, I notice 2 fishes dead on teh bottom. They laid in an unusual position. Just on the bottom of the tank as if they were sleeping?!? then the next morning the rest of them were dying. I was unlucky enough to watch my lion die, slowly. The cowfish emits neurotoxins. Which is why all my fish slowly died and just sat at the bottom of the tank as if paralyzed. My cow was the last to die. THey emit the poisen when stressed as well as during death. How do you guys explain this ?

wodave

I also have one of these fish. It was the first fish that was introduced in my 90 gallon. I had it for 4 months and the more I read this forum, the more I want to get rid of it. When I got it it was abou 1", now it is about 3". I spend a lot of $$$ on what's inside the tank and I don't want to take a chance. The only problem I have is that my Blue tang picks on it from time to time.

W

weatherby

I have a tiny Atlantic Cowfish that I just picked up. He's doing good so far and even my yellowtail damsel isn't bothering him, (a switch). So far so good. :happyfish