cowfish ?

theone

does any body have a Cowfish Longhorn
(Lactoria cornuta) and if so is it a easy fish to take care of. and how big does it grow .

acez28

i seen about 3 people on here that have one. In the right conditions they will be easy to care for but they are for the experts. They require prestine water conditions and from what i heard they are hard to get to eat. You would need a mature tank....if you plan on getting one i say read alot about them first.

I finally saw some live and they are really fascinating little fish. Any owners out there with cowfish that could shed some light on requirements and expectations would be greatly appreciated.

I have a longhorn , they are a very neat little fish. They are not the easiest fish to take care of and they can be a real pain to get to eat. I had mine for a week before he started to pick at brine shrimp. After that he just started to eat, he loves mysis and brine and formula 1 & 2. He will even go after trigger formula. (no there is not a trigger in with him, I just decided to see if he would eat it).
They have a real curious personality and do good with other peace full fish. They do get large 15+ inches, but I am not totally sure on that. They are very prone to ich, so if you decided to get one make sure he is in an established tank, and you keep an eye on him. Mine is in with a pair of twin spot gobies and red headed goby and a knight goby. He is in a 55 that has been up for 2 years now. I really do like to watch him putter around the tank. :D