Cozumel or Calica Mexico

sluggo

My wife and I are taking a cruise in August and was wondering if anyone has been to either of these places. If so can anyone tell me a little bit about them or maybe have a few pics from them. Thanks.

Don

louti

I don't have any pics, but I've been to Cozumel twice, and it is very nice. The first time we went snorkeling, which was great besides the fact we had rough weather. The second time we just wandered around bar hopping and shopping. If you're gonna walk around town, be prepared to be solicited to buy fake Cuban cigars about 5000 times.

T

tizzo

I've been to cozemel. One of the locals proposed to me, lol.
We took a cab to a beach called corona. I like the reefs that's why we chose there. And it was free.
The dude in the pics is my son.

seahorses!

spiderwoman

Only been to Cozumel out of these 2 options. The worlds 2nd largest reef is right outside of the island and there are scuba and snorkling trip to it.

nano reefer

yeah.... if you find a store in cozumel that has a bunch of glassware in it. do not touch it. My mom picked up a single glass chess piece and an entire shelf collapsed and took out about a quarter of the stores stuff to the ground. they ran to the cruise boat as fast as they could because the store owner started screaming and running around. This was back in the 80's though...

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by Nano Reefer
http:///forum/post/2648534
yeah.... if you find a store in cozumel that has a bunch of glassware in it. do not touch it. My mom picked up a single glass chess piece and an entire shelf collapsed and took out about a quarter of the stores stuff to the ground. they ran to the cruise boat as fast as they could because the store owner started screaming and running around. This was back in the 80's though...
OOPS

Glad they got out, they might still be rotting in a Mexican jail somewhere.

shogun323

If you go to Cozumel beware of the girl with the bottle of booze, whistle, and blind fold at Senior Frogs!!!!

gliderjohn

Originally Posted by shogun323
http:///forum/post/2648729
If you go to Cozumel beware of the girl with the bottle of booze, whistle, and blind fold at Senior Frogs!!!!
Been there, done that and yes, beware!
On the other hand, if you scuba dive, Cozumel offers some absolutely fantastic drifts dives on the Palankar (sp.?) reef. You should be able to book them from the cruise ship.

harris28

Been to Cozumel twice, each for 7 days at a resort. LOVE IT!!! The diving is awesome and the down town area is different. If you drive just remember that in the U.S. stop signs are mandatory and in Cozumel they are optional!!
Take Cozumel, you will Love it!!