cpr aquafuge rio powerhead question

ebeckels

My rio 600 powerhead died. This is the pump that comes with the aquafuge hang on refugium by CPR. What type of powerhead should I replace it with? I currently have a hagen 402 powering it. It's working fine...should I change it? Is the 402 too strong or weak for the fuge? It seems to be working the same as before the rio broke. Any ideas or comments?

guppie

Just match the flow rate to the rio and you will be fine, IMO rio are crap, I have 5 of them I know it took me awhile to figure out they are crap, I will never buy another, I am tired of the not starting and the just shutting off. Just my two cents. Good Luck

hondo

Rios are crap but just curious if you tried cleaning it. they sometimes will work again after a good cleaning.

ebeckels

mine stopped working on my aquafuge...i am using my aquaclear 402. It is much more powerful but it is working fine.

ebeckels

LOL I didn't look at who started that post!!! I see that I'm the one that wrote that and responded to it!!!!!!! I wrote that about two weeks ago...I forgot about it!! I feel like a jack ass! :D :D :D

rlv695

i have a rio and have'nt had one problemm with it...been running a year and half now...no probs...justt matchh flow rates if you do a pump swap