CPR HOB bak pak skimmer

J

janestar

I just bought one today. Does anyone else out there have this brand? My husband is annoyed with the noise. Is this typical or did I hook it up wrong?

coastie81

I had one, it was alright I had it running for about 5 months and it was producing micro-bubbles all the time and when I finally got it to stop producing bubbles it was then over flowing. It was also very noisy and it was driving me nuts. So I got rid of it and got an octopus hang on back skimmer. Much better in my opinion.

flower

Originally Posted by Janestar
http:///forum/post/2995024
I just bought one today. Does anyone else out there have this brand? My husband is annoyed with the noise. Is this typical or did I hook it up wrong?

No you didn't do anything wrong...it is noisy. It does not work well. I had mine for 3 years and I tweaked it and tweaked it to keep it going. My tank is in the living room, we couldn't hear the TV half the time. It gurgled and buzzed all the time.

Its the first one I bought! I've had it on three different tanks! It works great! At first it will pick up alot... then it will settle down. I een turn mine off a day or two a week! I doesn't collect that much anymore.
Just don't think its not working! As long as its blowing allthose little bubbles! your good

J

janestar

Yeah it is collecting well. I am very excited to see all of the gross stuff. The noise is the only down side so far. My co-worker has the Prizma which I have seen leaks, if it isn't put back together just right. I guess it is just a matter of time, and seeing if my Nitrates drop or not. I don't have a micro bubble issue currently. Hopefully my husband will tune it out, my tanks is also located in the Living room.

toomanytoys

Originally Posted by coastie81
http:///forum/post/2995683
I had one, it was alright I had it running for about 5 months and it was producing micro-bubbles all the time and when I finally got it to stop producing bubbles it was then over flowing. It was also very noisy and it was driving me nuts. So I got rid of it and got an octopus hang on back skimmer. Much better in my opinion.
what is your opinion on the octo?
which model is it?

jallen32c

Mine was very loud at first. After looking around I noticed it was the airline tubing that ran to the outside of the tank that was making it so loud. Here is two things I have done and you can barely here now.
1. I changed the airline tubing it came with to a piece about 2x's as long. (this worked ok but did not fix completely.
2. I took a old tylenol bottle and drilled 1 hole in the top and 2 in the bottom. The hole needs to be able to hold the hose snuggly but not cutting off the air. I cut off 2 pieces of the tubing about 6 in and placed them in the holes in the bottom and the tubing from the pump in the top. (this has worked great for me and did not cost anything.)

J

janestar

Originally Posted by jallen32c
http:///forum/post/3005851
Mine was very loud at first. After looking around I noticed it was the airline tubing that ran to the outside of the tank that was making it so loud. Here is two things I have done and you can barely here now.
1. I changed the airline tubing it came with to a piece about 2x's as long. (this worked ok but did not fix completely.
2. I took a old tylenol bottle and drilled 1 hole in the top and 2 in the bottom. The hole needs to be able to hold the hose snuggly but not cutting off the air. I cut off 2 pieces of the tubing about 6 in and placed them in the holes in the bottom and the tubing from the pump in the top. (this has worked great for me and did not cost anything.)
Oh I would really like a picture to see how that looks! It would make my husband a very happy man to have a quite T.V. area!