cpr hob refugium worth it?

miaheatlvr

I ahve one as well, cant imagine my tank without one, I like the quality built products by CPR and wuld not get a generic one, OLD SAYING, you get what you pay for!

ducky

I just found a new use for mine. I am going to make a little mangrove farm in it.
One thing about the cpr is that the "tank" didn't hang plumb from the side of the tank. I believe it was this off kilter balance of weight that caused the center support to detach on the back inside. I am going to have to rebuild mine before I will use it again even though it is still functional. I ended up putting a paperback in between the tank glass and the fuge to get it to hang plumb.

waterlogged

Originally Posted by ducky
I just found a new use for mine. I am going to make a little mangrove farm in it.
One thing about the cpr is that the "tank" didn't hang plumb from the side of the tank. I believe it was this off kilter balance of weight that caused the center support to detach on the back inside. I am going to have to rebuild mine before I will use it again even though it is still functional. I ended up putting a paperback in between the tank glass and the fuge to get it to hang plumb.

they have black plastic screws with flat points that touch the back of dt so you can level fuge. I have though put a wash rag between

[hr]
and dt glass to help noise.

koolaidman

i didnt want an expensive fuge or a small hob either, so i compromised. I took an old hob and used it as a pump into a 2.5g i already had. The 2.5g sits on the back and is actually above my dt. I fitted pvc to the filter intake to pump water in and made a siphon to pump the water out. It only cost me around 5 bucks plus a $20 lamp+bulb. It functions quite well and is cheaper than $150. pics if you want.

waterlogged

Originally Posted by koolaidman
i didnt want an expensive fuge or a small hob either, so i compromised. I took an old hob and used it as a pump into a 2.5g i already had. The 2.5g sits on the back and is actually above my dt. I fitted pvc to the filter intake to pump water in and made a siphon to pump the water out. It only cost me around 5 bucks plus a $20 lamp+bulb. It functions quite well and is cheaper than $150. pics if you want.
Sounds good. I would like to see pictures.

i did sumthing like that but i think my return is too small as it makes a ton of noise! i will be posting there to proof my diy fuge, thanks