Cpr Overflows Anyone like or hate them??

biggdriver

Just ordered one witha rio 800rvt pump..supposedly to self prime in case of a power failure..Someone had commented to stay away from cpr ..Why???Didn't recieve it yet I could still ship it back!

option720

I don't like that they use a pump to create a siphon. Rio pump are known for not restarting correctly, i would not want my overflow, heck my entire system, to rely on if a pump is going to start after a power outage. Can you imagine you returm pump turns on, but you overflow pump fails. Can you say new carpet??

I've got one on the 75. I have no complaints about it. I got a maxi jet with mine. Every overflow has the possibility to lose siphon and what not so it wasn't a big deal to me in my decision. I put mine in the tank so it's just another powerhead providing circulation. And I have tested mine without the powerhead attached and it started just fine.

mr . salty

My CPR has been running flawlessly for almost two years now.We have had numerous power outages,and I lost count how many times I have shut the pumps off,and it has never failed to restart or loose syphon.I don't even have a pump hooked up to the thing.I just put a antisyphon valve on the hose,and put it in the tank(under water)....I don't see ant problems with them at all....I would buy another one,and reccomend them to friends....

ironreef

No not all hangon overflows will lose siphen Lifereefs is made so it won't. i had a cpr for a few years. Kept the powerhead clean ect. But oneday the powerhead fail= flood. it CAN happen and if you search all the bboards over 50% will say the same= not worth the chance. If it happened only once that could be 100$$$$$$ lost on livestock. Not worth it.I would have any equipment that depends on another to work. If you do use it junk that rio and use a maxijet. rio are know for not restarting.